Author Topic: Magical Mares  (Read 40849 times)

Offline Ithry

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Magical Mares
« on: September 07, 2017, 11:34:52 am »
An 11 card set featuring some of your favorite ponies portraying famous magical girls! Art by BefishProductions!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:52:22 am by Ithry »

Offline Lord LunaEquie is me

• View Profile
Re: Magical Mares
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:24:21 pm »
I literally just saw those on Shipficbooru like an hour ago. These make me so happy even though I've never seen those specific anime. Maybe precisely because I've never seen them and still know about them: more recognizable as classics rather than some sort of pandering if they were, for instance, Madoka Magica.

I would comment about hoping for a specific magical girl, but I don't think I've seen a whole lot of magical girl anime and nothing comes immediately to mind.

Offline Ithry

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 10:40:48 pm »
Glad you like them! I'm a huge magical girl fan personally, and tried to cover most of the well known ones. Madoka's an extremely influential and popular show in the genre, so there is one Madoka card in the set as a Goal. I'm actually making a separate mini-pack just for Madoka, but you'll see that later. The naming schemes and mechanics are super great, trust me.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:50:03 pm by Ithry »

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 06:55:36 pm »
I wouldn't doubt it, coming from you. All the cards I've seen from you have been top-notch quality (and I still adore the flavor text you gave me for the Shipwrecker CMC).

Off the top of my head, I know I did watch Sailor Moon as a child (which I think is the magical girl show for the West), but I can't remember anything about it, Madoka Magica, of which I've only seen the original show and none of the movies and remakes, Princess Tutu, and the smattering of magical girl spoof episodes from various anime like Tenchi Muyo or Excel Saga. I think that's actually about it. By the time I had easy access to anime (i.e. outside of the few that aired on Toonami and the like), I stopped having as much time to watch it, and tended to go for more widely-known or acclaimed titles like Spice & Wolf or Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.

Wait, does PSG count?

Offline Ithry

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 09:20:46 pm »
There's a Sailor Moon card in the set, of course. I did have a Pretty Sammy and PSG card planned, but they got cut. I recently just thought of another PSG card that's good enough I might add one more card to the set for it. (PSG totally counts btw.)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 11:54:03 am »
OH GOD I'M NOW IMAGINING SPIKE AS CHUCK WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU MONSTER

Offline Ithry

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 10:52:56 am »
Final card in original post!