Author Topic: Fan Pon?  (Read 23046 times)

Offline Lord LunaEquie is me

• View Profile
Fan Pon?
« on: October 28, 2016, 11:22:23 pm »
So, at Nightmare Nights I ended up buying pretty much every TSSSF card people were selling, even ones that I'm not sure I'll be playing with much if at all. Since actually taking a look through all the cards, I started to question the Fan Pon expansion. Can anyone tell me the story behind this?

Google gives me next to nothing (the only real results being to this site) and I'm left wondering several things. I have like 41 cards of quite varying quality in both art and text (several of which I'm left questioning how they're supposed to work at all), and I have started to worry that someone may have gathered together a bunch of individual fan cards and passed them off as an expansion?

I'm of the mindset to not attribute to malice what can easily be explained by incompetence, and I really doubt anyone involved would be doing this with any negative intent, but still... I can't help but wonder. (Also since it comes with Chrome but not the other browser ponies posted on these forums I wonder if I got a pack that wasn't the full set by accident.)

Offline Ithry

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Fan Pon?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 12:08:26 am »
It's a set that's a compilation of OCs from mainly Tumblr accounts. It's been worked on for a while by some group, but I don't remember who. The varying levels of quality makes me think the group putting it together just asked each person to submit a card for the set, but it's a legit set from what I've seen. There's too many cards for it to have been art theft and no one mentioning it. I got the set at Bronycon and Chrome was the only browser pony in it as well. Maybe 10art1 has more information on the set!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 12:10:21 am by Ithry »