Author Topic: Nightmare Nights Dallas 2017  (Read 83375 times)

Offline Lord LunaEquie is me

• View Profile
Nightmare Nights Dallas 2017
« on: June 15, 2017, 02:12:50 pm »
Despite me increasing distance from the show, I've decided to go to Nighmare Nights again this year. I expect I'll be spending a majority of my time in whatever room they have set up for board gaming.

Be there or be square.

Wait, most boards are square.

Be there AND be square.

Offline N.A. Larson

• Administrator
  • Buy my book. Drink Pepsi.
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmare Nights Dallas 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 08:18:27 pm »
I will be both of those things!

Side Note: I'm still on the hunt for an original Queen Bee Sunset Shimmer card, so if you have one and you want to trade or sell it, maybe we can make a deal!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 11:34:27 am »
I will be both of those things!

Side Note: I'm still on the hunt for an original Queen Bee Sunset Shimmer card, so if you have one and you want to trade or sell it, maybe we can make a deal!
Define "original". I have the one seen on github from the 2014 Con Exclusives, but I don't know if there's something more you're looking for.

I actually haven't yet ordered prints of the blank pony cards (along with some copies of Bat Romance, Filly Hays, and Fausticorn), so I could just add that into my order and bring that copy to you.

Offline N.A. Larson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 02:23:55 pm »
HPG made an exclusive card for each of the conventions they were vending at. The set you linked, and its 2015 counterpart, are reprints of those cards. The original cards have expansion symbols that represent the con they are from.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 08:06:00 pm »
Okay, I always kind of wondered why some (like Shia LeBouffalo) had a symbol that seemed specific to the convention while others just had the year number on them. Yeah I've never seen an original Queen Bee Sunset Shimmer. I doubt I've seen an original print of any card, since I didn't find TSSSF until long after HPG had stepped down and my first ever convention was in 2016 (Texas Furry Fiesta in Dallas). I've been to very few conventions so far.

Offline N.A. Larson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 08:18:40 pm »
Actually, Shia LeBouffalo and the other workshop cards were designed AT the conventions by the audience at HPG's panels. https://youtu.be/bBXp5Q5avYg