Author Topic: Tsun-Eyes Dere Dragon  (Read 14148 times)

Offline Ithry

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Tsun-Eyes Dere Dragon
« on: February 14, 2017, 12:57:41 pm »

Happy Hearts and Hooves Day!

Offline Lord LunaEquie is me

• View Profile
Re: Tsun-Eyes Dere Dragon
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 02:19:06 pm »
I see what you did there. It's actually been a fairly long time ago since I thought about that.

I was never enamored with Ember (and still am not), but I like this use of her. It fits extremely well with the themes of TSSSF and makes me want to play her.

Offline Ithry

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:50:18 pm »
Glad you like it! I was under the impression that Ember was fairly well received, but it's nice to know the card appeals to non-Ember fans as well!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 06:40:21 pm »
Oh, she was by and large loved by the fandom, but just like Pinkie Pride, there was a small subset that thought it was just another entry in the show and kind of grew resentful that it was as popular as it became. It just happened that I was among that subset with Ember; I really liked the Dragon King (whose name I forget), but she was just kind of meh for me and its just been kind of grating how many people latched onto her.

And, you know, bonus points for the flavor text not being some low-hanging fruit about her "not like she likes you or anything".

Offline Ithry

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 07:48:32 pm »
I saved the low hanging fruit for the other social media posts lol.

The flavor text is a parody of the flavor text on Blue-Eyes White Dragon. I wanted to stay as close to the source material/reference as possible.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 10:15:11 am »
The flavor text is a parody of the flavor text on Blue-Eyes White Dragon. I wanted to stay as close to the source material/reference as possible.
Oh, no, I totally get that, believe me. I had three Blue-Eyes back in the day (never did have the fusion), so I recognized it almost immediately. It's just that 90% of comments I see in relation to Ember are usually along the lines of "b-baka!", so to see otherwise is refreshing.