Card Design > Showcase

Write-In Cards

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lord LunaEquie is me:

--- Quote from: N.A. Larson on February 22, 2017, 09:54:44 am ---TSSSF is different from MtG, Yugioh, etc., because while those games have some backstory, gameplay does not advance that story. In TSSSF, you actually build stories as you play, thus it is important to have characters (and situations) you care about. This is the main reason I don't play with all the cards at once (the other of course is unfun mechanics).
--- End quote ---
True enough, though my point was that I've always been one more interested in the mechanics than the characters of a given game, at least as far as card games are concerned.

--- Quote from: N.A. Larson on February 22, 2017, 09:54:44 am ---Goal and Ship art is harder/more expensive to commission than Pony card art because they will usually involve multiple characters, doing something specific, possibly in a specific setting. Also, most artists who offer at-con sketch commissions will usually be doing character sketches.

--- End quote ---
I've been to exactly two conventions in my life, both just last year, I've never commissioned a work nor even thought about doing so, and the little experience I've had with artists who do commissions has been seeing various "commissions open" and "commissions closed" sketches. The reasons why don't really make sense to me, but I will keep it in mind if ever I get that far (I have a horrible tendency to not projects).

N.A. Larson:
Here are the Sketch Cards I have commissioned thus far:

Artists: Top Row: Trish Forstner (OMGari), Dana Simpson, JaDeDJynX, Bottom Row: Caytlin Vilbrandt (Pixel Prism), Andy Price, Tony Fleecs

Artists: Sara Richard, Katie Cook, Andy Price

Artists: NekoCrispy, Fluffy Mixer

N.A. Larson:
(moved to previous post)

Lord LunaEquie is me:
So, those are all awesome and now it has me thinking: should I print out an entire deck of these, or is there going to be some CofK staff selling these at the upcoming Nightmare Nights Dallas?

N.A. Larson:
I don't know if you need a WHOLE deck, but I haven't heard of anyone selling them yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version