Author Topic: [Question]Shai Ni, Shipfic Filly  (Read 18711 times)

Offline Lord LunaEquie is me

• View Profile
[Question]Shai Ni, Shipfic Filly
« on: October 25, 2016, 02:56:12 pm »
So, every time I play this card, the question comes up of what exactly it does. Does copying Fanfic Author Twilight mean that Shai Ni cannot be moved once played? And, if so, what happens when someone tries to nuke the board?

The last time I played with her and someone nuked the board we decided, "well, Twilight is over here on her own now and Shai Ni is over there on her own now" which in retrospect ignored whatever line of ships were between the two, but none of knew exactly how to interpret her ability.

Offline Ithry

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: [Question]Shai Ni, Shipfic Filly
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 12:13:32 am »
I don't know that I've ever seen her come up much in a game, but I'd interpret them both as "anchor points" essentially. If the board gets nuked, anything connected to them stays, and if things connect them both they stay as well. Things would only be discarded if they aren't connected to either.

The real issue with her is probably that Shai Ni still is a Pony card, so there might be some weird interaction with some card that affects Pony cards and her. Just Starlight her and get her off the board as soon as possible I suppose if she's an issue.

EDIT: Actually, the more that I think about it, you're probably correct with your interpretation. It's really up to the players, since "counts as Fanfic Author Twilight" could mean she's considered a Start card as well, though I interpreted the "with all her keywords and powers..." part as an explanation of what "counts as Fanfic Author Twilight" means (which doesn't mention her being a Start card). You may want to contact Horrible People and see if they might be able to clarify further.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:17:57 am by Ithry »

Offline Lord LunaEquie is me

• View Profile
Re: [Question]Shai Ni, Shipfic Filly
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 10:56:57 pm »
Yeah, being a pony and having Twilight's "cannot be moved or discarded" is a little problematic. I consider it fairly important to nuke the board now and then, so Shai Ni on her own can make things difficult.

If I do contact Horrible People (and for now I think I'll hold off to see how often the card becomes a problem), I'll let people know what they said. It's usually fairly good to get Word of God on questionable topics.