Author Topic: Making THE MOTHERLOAD of TSSSF cards  (Read 26787 times)

Offline Waffles

• View Profile
Making THE MOTHERLOAD of TSSSF cards
« on: May 27, 2016, 11:32:14 am »
Hey guys, I'm just thinking of making the long box with EVERY SINGLE CARD the HPP had made (So about 440 cards?). It would be the be-all-end-all of the (official) TSSSF cards (minus Convention made exclusives, and original watermark exclusives). I'm just gauging interest to see if anyone would want something like that, since I'd have to make at least 100 of them, so I'd have to sell quite a few to make it worth doing.

Note: I usually have vendor tables at BABS, EFNW, and BronyCAN. (I'm the guy that made the BronyCAN exclusives)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:28:50 pm by Waffles »

Offline N.A. Larson

• Administrator
  • Buy my book. Drink Pepsi.
    • View Profile
Re: Making THE MOTHERLOAD of TSSSF cards
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 08:32:25 pm »
When you say, "convention-made exclusives", are you talking about the cards that were sold at cons with the con expansion symbol, or the cards that were designed at the make-a-card panels?

Offline Ithry

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 09:50:11 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't be interested. The HPP long box doesn't fit all of the official cards sleeved, not to mention it wouldn't fit all of the official cards along with any number of fan cards. 

(Less relevant is the fact that I already have all of the official non-hard-to-find cards.)

It may sell well as a one-stop buy, depending on price.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:52:19 pm by Ithry »

Offline Waffles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 01:04:42 am »
When you say, "convention-made exclusives", are you talking about the cards that were sold at cons with the con expansion symbol, or the cards that were designed at the make-a-card panels?

I'm talking about the cards that the convention made. (Like the BronyCAN exclusives, or the deck expansion that BronyCon made.) So they're not technically made by HPP.

Offline N.A. Larson

• Administrator
  • Buy my book. Drink Pepsi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 07:31:24 pm »
Gotcha.

Offline Waffles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 03:28:23 am »
Just got the quote back. 440 cards + box will cost $30 to make, with a minimum order of 500 units. Want to do it, but $15,000 is hard to justify... I'd be a lot more okay with it if it were 100 units, but minimum order is 500...

Offline 10art1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 10:38:36 pm »
I definitely think that there should be a longer box designed, maybe even double wide to fit 2 rows of cards, or even triple! I have a friend who can barely fit all of his pony and shipping cards in his long box, and has to carry the goal cards separately.