Author Topic: The Card Database  (Read 18514 times)

Offline NovelIdea

• Do it Right. Do it with Style.
    • View Profile
    • The Manehattan Project - Gardens of Equestria
The Card Database
« on: May 12, 2016, 05:16:04 pm »
I'm curious about the software behind the card database. I have a project in mind and that style of display would be utterly perfect for the presentation. Just wondering how the system is running.

Offline Codesign

• Shipfic Systems Developer and Expert Bot Wrangler
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Card Database
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 03:00:37 pm »
Sorry for responding late, my social life currently does not exist with the amount of stuff that I'm a part of.

Anyway...

Hi I'm Codesign and I'm the developer behind the TSSSF.cards database as well as a few other TSSSF related projects that currently are not in the public light.... yet, and development on this as kind of stalled while I'm working on one of our other projects (when I can actually find the time for this with my busy schedule)

At the minute, the system is running a simple web application which loads in a JSON file which contains all of the cards and then loads in the image files from the server.

One of the planned features for this database is to allow people to upload their own cards into this as well as allowing these to be downloaded for people to print off, and this will also be hooked into a global login system and API so that it can be integrated into our other major project (Spoiler Alert: It's an online version of the game :D)

Can I ask what you have in mind where this database would be useful as I'm just curious as how you want to use my code.

Offline NovelIdea

• Do it Right. Do it with Style.
    • View Profile
    • The Manehattan Project - Gardens of Equestria
Re: The Card Database
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 12:32:24 pm »
I call your late reply and raise you by a double late reply (mainly because I forgot to turn on the email notifications of responses!).

I'm currently conceptualizing creating a unified MLP Gaming Community (Working Title: Pony Gaming Network) that would be a one-stop location for all things MLP Gaming, from independent video games to card games (such as TSSSF) to modding and community features. One of the keys of this would be what I'm currently calling "The Index." It's essentially a visualization of each game as a single index card that would have the name, screenshot, the name of the studio/person behind it, a short synopsis and a download link.

The entire system would need to run on an internal database and honestly, that additional feature would be exactly what I was looking for so folks can submit their own projects to this.