Connect > Matchmaker

Experienced Shipfic Designer Here!

(1/4) > >>

Ithry:
Are you looking for a designer for your shipfic card power? Need an idea for your card art? Stumped on flavor text? I'd be more than happy to help! Feel free to post here or Skype me if you have any questions!

Here is a handy link to cards I have designed: http://ithryskylark.deviantart.com/gallery/

I have over two years of experience with graphic design, game design, and art direction for Level 99 Games. I use my spare time to make fan shipfic cards under the banner of Shipping and Handling!

https://twitter.com/mailordermare
http://mailordermare.tumblr.com/
https://www.facebook.com/mailordermare/

Feel free to contact me at the following:

Discord: Ithry#5380
email: mailordermare@gmail.com

Lord LunaEquie is me:
I'm thinking of slapping the unused art for the three Shipwrecker cards onto the Pony card model and see how they work out as a trio of ponies with optional powers. (I'm also considering using the unused Shipwrecker card model so that they can be put into the ship deck, but am currently undecided on that one.)

What I have no idea how to do, though, is the flavor text. Despite how much fanfiction I've read over the years, I have little experience in writing it, almost none of the kind of shipping fanfiction that TSSSF parodies, and exactly zero experience in writing pony fanfiction. And, being the stickler that I am, I can't just make these cards without them being "feature-complete", as it were.

Would you be able to come up with a few lines to stick on our three misguided fillies?

Ithry:

--- Quote from: Lord LunaEquie is me on September 17, 2016, 11:16:33 pm ---(I'm also considering using the unused Shipwrecker card model so that they can be put into the ship deck, but am currently undecided on that one.)

--- End quote ---
There was actually a discussion on Twitter the other day about Shipwreckers. I'm not sure which deck they are supposed to go into, but given the names and powers I'd say they go into the Pony deck, not Ship deck.

--- Quote from: Lord LunaEquie is me on September 17, 2016, 11:16:33 pm ---Would you be able to come up with a few lines to stick on our three misguided fillies?

--- End quote ---
It's a bit harder considering I have no idea what the final art was originally going to be and flavor texts usually relate to the art in some way. I'd imagine it was just them tearing up fanfics or ruining a story, but it could have been them destroying boats for all I know. Context would have been nice to know as well for why they are shipwrecking. Are they destroying bad fics about themselves? Are they trying to stop Twilight's reign of fanfiction terror? Do they just think it will be funny? It's hard to say what the original intent was. I'll assume the first one and spitball a bit:

Shorter one-liners assuming they're reacting to bad fics written about them:
Scootaloo: "Call me chicken will you?!"
Sweetie Belle: "I don't even like video games!" (You could add "Wait, what's a video game?" to the end of that also if you want.)
Apple Bloom: "I'm allergic to oranges!"

Quotes without ficlet titles are usually reserved for Twilight speaking, but I felt they were appropriate given the context of the cards and how they work. It's also a nice direct relation to what's probably going on in the art. Sets a nice precedent as well for any future Shipwreckers that are just "Shipwrecker NAME" with Ponies just destroying bad fics written about themselves.

I can come up with some longer or different ones if you'd like them.

EDIT: You mentioned there was unused art for these? I wasn't aware there was any official unused art for them.

Western:
About Shipwrecker.

Shipwrecker use same back card as Pony

--- Quote ---         "Pony": PIL_Helper.LoadImage(ResourcePath + "Backs/Back-Main.png"),
         "Shipwrecker": PIL_Helper.LoadImage(ResourcePath + "Backs/Back-Main.png"),

--- End quote ---

Ithry:

--- Quote from: Western on September 18, 2016, 01:26:04 pm ---About Shipwrecker.

Shipwrecker use same back card as Pony

--- Quote ---         "Pony": PIL_Helper.LoadImage(ResourcePath + "Backs/Back-Main.png"),
         "Shipwrecker": PIL_Helper.LoadImage(ResourcePath + "Backs/Back-Main.png"),

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the confirmation!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version